Wednesday, September 8, 2010

tomatoes

so i like tomatoes now.

wait. let me back up and tell you a story.

when i was 7 or 8 i got sick. i had to stay home from school and since the parentals were working i went to stay with my grandmommy and pop. while there gm fixed lunch, which included tomato slices. i hated tomatoes back then. (and still did until recently) and i went on and on about how i wasn't going to eat them. pop refused to give in. he told me i'd sit there at the table all day if i didn't eat those darn tomatoes. well the truth is that i sat there for a long time. i wasn't about to give in (if you know me at all, i'm def not going to do anything i don't want to do!). i think gm eventually felt sorry for me and let me get up and go play again. so in the end i won. but i'll never forget what pop said, "one day you'll like tomatoes. in fact one day you'll like most of the things you don't like right now." and think i responded with, "yeah, whatever pop!"

well pop, you were right. alright, i said it! you were right. and i know you're laughing up there in heaven about me, you and tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs