Friday, August 5, 2011

my memoirs

if i were to write a book, it would be about nannying. the funny stuff. the weird stuff. the gross stuff. the bad stuff.

i probably never will but if i did, this would be my intro...

"Some call me the babysitter. Others the nanny. I myself like to be called the baby whisperer.

Not like the horse whisperer or the dog whisperer. I don't pretend to talk to babies and have then understand me or for me to totally get their goo goo ga ga, jibber jabber, baby babble.

More like I'm just that awesome with the kiddos. Especially girls; pieces of cake those sweet things are when I play dress up or arts and crafts. But once the boys find out I don't mind playing in the dirt too, they're like putty in my hands.

I guess you could call it a mutual understanding. I understand that they have a need to be whiny and annoying and full of energy and they understand that I'm not mom and dad. I will not love them unconditionally and I really would just like to get paid and say see ya later.

Not really. Most of the kids I work for (because yes, they're the real boss) become like my own children. And while I do get to go home before six and don't return for almost 14 hours, at some point, after spending 50 plus hours a week with them, they sort of just become yours.

Here are the real stories of my nanny diary..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs