Monday, August 10, 2009

Extra, Extra! Read All About It!


Today, Monday August 10th, 2009, is one of the best days of my life!


I received an official offer of employment from JAM Brands at 10:37 am. I will be working for a branch of their company, GLCC. Feel free to go to the websites (thejambrands.com or greatlakesspirit.com) but I'll tell you as much as I know so far.

It all started back in June. I received an e-mail from a school advisor saying there was a new job posting on the career center's website. I looked it up and thought, I could definitely be an event coordinator. I immediately applied and received an e-mail a few days later saying they wanted to do a phone interview. I went through that and then waited for a while to see what was next. Then in the middle of July they called again to ask if I could come in for an interview. I met with three girls at the company and had a great feeling. It was, to this day, the best interview I've been on. I just had a great feeling when I left and knew I would fit in perfectly. I then had to wait a few more weeks and once I moved to Louisville they asked to see me in person again. This time I was meeting some of the executives. I had a good feeling but they were somewhat concerned that I was overqualified and might not be satisfied or happy there. I assured them that I would be a great asset to the company and that I would work harder than anyone else. That was last Thursday. Today I got the call and they want me! I start September first. It was a long process, three months total but I could not be happier. I finally have a great job, great pay, great benefits...what more could a girl ask for?

So to all of you who prayed, crossed your fingers, sent good vibes and rubbed your rabbits foot a big THANK YOU! I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family and great friends who love and support me through whatever life throws at me. The job hunt is over for now and I can't wait to start my big girl job and see what God has in store for this next chapter of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs