Friday, June 19, 2009

Long wait

So I know y'all been wondering what the heck is going on with me...

I've interviewed with a private school in Louisville to teach high school Spanish. My first interview was last Thursday and then this Thursday I had a lunch interview with the department head. We spoke Spanish for the majority of the lunch and to be completely honest, I was a spaz! This happened to be my first interview in Spanish and I really want the job as well and it was raining so hard on the way there (I thought I was going to die!). I'm sure she wasn't impressed but I don't think it was a true reflection of my education and skills in Spanish so hopefully she noticed that. We did have a great conversation about the school and what it's like to be a private school teacher.
My goal is go to grad school next fall for my master's in teaching a world language. There are programs all over but if I got this particular job I would go to the University of Louisville or Bellarmine. I would just love the opportunity to teach and make sure that this is the path the Lord want's me to take. I just have such a passion for languages, especially Spanish and a passion for kids. After teaching kindergarten and first grade, I decided that it's much better than nannying and I just loved being part of the learning process.
So, I'll find out Monday if I got the job. I'm praying hard that I do but I know that if I don't God has better plans for me and I'll just move on to something else. God is great and I'm not going to over analyze the plans he has for me...if I did I'd spend my whole life wasting time worrying!
Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts I appreciate all my family and friends and their continual support.
Also, please think about Travis tomorrow as he is taking the GRE!!!!!
We've got a busy weekend ahead, a bar-b-q, Father's day, Six Flags, Louisville, fam and friends and church at Highview!
Happy Weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs