Monday, June 22, 2009

Some Things I'm Peeved About

So I'm watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 right now and I'm just so darned ticked. Why are they explaining their separation on national television? I don't care how much money you make, leave the show and take care of business behind closed doors. This will forever change the lives of their children. Coming from a divorced family, you can never fully understand what happened and you never should. Because they've been on t.v. for so long their kids will see the downfall of their marriage one day and start asking questions. I just feel so sorry for the kids. I think if they looked back, they would have done things differently. I know not all marriages can work and some fall apart for the better but when you have eight kids and a t.v. show, it's hard to believe that they are really trying to solve things. I'm going to keep them in my thoughts and prayers because having divorced parents is hard, I can't imagine being on t.v. while going through that at such a young age, or really any age.

Another thing, Travis received an acceptance letter to UK's grad program today and when he went to campus to sign up for classes was told it was a mistake...WHAT? How do you accidentally tell someone they're in and then say oh, just kidding! But being the amazing, resilient man he is he turned this unfortunate event into a blessing. He will be starting MBA classes at Sullivan on Monday!!! YAY! He'll actually get done a little quicker and have more one on one attention because of the smaller class size. I'm so proud of him. I told him that if UK didn't work it's because the Lord has better plans for him and today the Lord provided a better solution, AMEN! I'm so lucky.

I think I'm done complaining...still patiently waiting to hear about the job but as soon as I do, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. MSNBC posted an article today about the show taking a hiatus until August. My hope is that it doesn't come back at all, so they can focus on their family issues. I don't think their marriage will make it though.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs