Monday, July 6, 2009

Babysitting Times...

It's been a while since I've blogged about the kids. A few updates...

I've been babysitting when Lynn (mommy) is there and Ian will still not have anything to do with me but baby Cole loves having all my attention. He literally sleeps in my arms for about five or six hours a day...it's great!


Sweetest baby boy ever!

Ian has learned some new catch phrases.

"You creeping me out."
"Don't play dos games wit me."
"You dilly (silly)."

He's a great kid but very defiant. I guess that's the terrible two's coming out. It's hard to decide how to discipline, especially because his parents don't, at all.
For example, today Ian was eating jelly beans. He shoved all of them in his mouth, about ten. He then proceeded to run around the house chewing. Lynn told him about twenty times to sit down and finish chewing but he wouldn't listen and she ended up chasing him around. Finally she said, "What would you do if I wasn't here?" Well I walked over to him, picked him up, sat him in his chair and said in a stern tone, "Do NOT get up until you have swallowed your food and let me see inside your mouth and tell you to get up...do you understand?" He said yes and sat there and finished chewing. A success in my book but Lynn looked at me like I was just so mean to her child, lose/lose situation. But, I got the job done.

More blogging tomorrow about the weekend but going to bed asap because I have to work at 7 am tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs