Thursday, July 23, 2009

New things

So there are some things that I am becoming obsessed with. Like design, cooking great/different food and my dog (okay, that's not new but the new things that he's doing).

1. Dallas- I've become one of those women that get made fun of because they coddle and overly obsess about their children-but with a dog. I'm constantly worried about how he's doing and I can't wait to get home from work to see him. It's sad, and poor Trav just doesn't have a shot! After the other night (I like to call it "The worst night of my life") I'm just always worried. Every noise, burp, limp, movement. It's as if I'm worried that he's not going to wake up after sleeping. I literally put my hand on his chest one night to make sure he was still breathing, pathetic? Maybe. Necessary? Absolutely. At least for my own benefit. He's also started licking the carpet. Everywhere and all the time. I'm sure when no one's here he just has himself a field day with the carpet. I'm not sure what's on it but it's a good thing we're moving!

2. Food. Now I've always loved food, duh. I'm a Peavler and that's about all about that. But lately I've been watching a lot of Food Network, thanks to my insomnia (thanks dalpal). But they make the most delicious looking things on there. I say delicious because most of the things that look the tastiest are probably the things I would never eat. Such as, flounder stuffed with crab, eggplant lasagna and the most delectable looking peach creme brulee (don't ask why but I hate peaches). Now that Killian will be at culinary school I will be asking him all the time about making new things and who knows maybe when I move in with Dad and Jillian they'll eat all the things I want to make but won't eat? Maybe.

3. Design. Now I don't want to go into design but it does hold a small passion inside of me. Especially since I got the new Pottery Barn catalog today. I don't normally LOVE their stuff but I do like most of it. I'll never spend that much on their stuff. Plus Grandpa Pfau makes WAY better stuff and I'd treasure it even more from him (hint, hint). I just love the end tables I have that he built. Anyway, Pottery Barn has somethings that I just love.

So the true blooded American in me loves this, duh. Would look great over a couch.

What a great vintagy feel these keys have and I love vintage.
OMG...love the blue chair. That is all.
Love of my design life. It's just the Eddison chandelier, obvi.

There are other things I love in design but only these are worth writing about at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs