Monday, July 20, 2009

HOLY MOLY!

So last night was probably the scariest night I've ever had...
We (Barclay, Travis and I) were hanging out watching dumb videos on the internet until 1:30 am and then all of a sudden Dallas starts making this retching noise and licking his chops. He normally does this when he's about to get sick, so I just thought crap, he's going to throw up. I didn't think too much of it because sometimes he gets in the trash or goes outside and eats something he shouldn't have. Like, cigarette buts, foil, plastic wrappers, etc.) So I didn't think too much of it until about 2 am when he threw up not once but four times in about ten minutes. He was also making this awful chocking noise. I just new something was totally wrong. We started looking up things online and then he stopped. So I thought well maybe he just needed to get something out but about twenty minutes later he started up again. So from about 2 am until 3 am he threw up eight times and making horrible noises from his throat and his stomach was growling so loud, it sounded human! So I ended up grabbing my pillow and blanket and sleeping on the couch where I could keep an eye on him. There we slept, me on the couch and him curled up in the recliner, from 3:30 am until 9 am. He's been fine since then and even ate breakfast. He (well we) slept till almost 2 pm today because we were up all night but we're all fine now. I'm keeping an eye on him but the vet said he should be fine and just needed to get something out of his system.
Wow, if this is anything like having kids I'm going to go certifiably crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs