Thursday, December 22, 2011

update: ww




i bet you thought i gave up! 

to be honest, i thought about it. and i did take a break in the summer. i tell you, it's hard living with a boy (a man, really.) who needs to eat way more than you and LOVES to workout. i've had to do a complete overhaul of our meals and we're just starting to get in a more routine cooking schedule that pleases us both.

but here's the latest info.

lost almost 40 lbs. 
training for a 5k: that might not sound like a big feat to some but for me it's huge. 
i mean, i can't remember the last time I ran for longer than five minutes straight. wait , actually i can. it was the beginning of my 8th grade year. i was trying out for volleyball and you had to be able to run a mile in 8 minutes or less. i worked hard all summer and after two tries i did it! i made the A team and became the setter. good times. if you asked me to bump, set, spike now,i'd think you were referring to baby bumps, setting the dinner table and asking if you can spike my drink. why yes, yes you can! also, i prefer gin, thankyouverymuch.


i digress. it's a work in progress. always will be, i suppose. making life changes is hard. plus I'm a quitter. and a whiner which makes exercising and dieting that much harder.but now I've got a wedding to look forward to and damn it, I will not be fat on that day! and T is not a quitter. so when he's up and at 'em in the wee hours of the morning for gym time, i feel a little guilty if i'm not tagging right along. i'm hating him for waking me up but i'm there just the same!

so for now, especially during the holidays, i'll just say that i'm trying. and isn't that all that matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs