Monday, May 18, 2009

It's been one week...

So I officially graduated from UK just over a week ago. You'd think I'd be happy (and I'm glad to be done with school) but I just keep thinking, "What the heck do I do now." So with all my extra time I'll be blogging. I love reading other peoples and now that I have a snazzy new macbook (thanks mom and kev!) I'll just do it.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to say that I am nannying...yes, nannying. The very job I've had since I was 15 with no high school diploma let alone three college degrees. But alas this is my job and means of putting food on the table and in the bowl (for Dallas of course not for Barclay, I let her eat at the table!) My only hope is that while babysitting everyday for ten hours I can apply to as many jobs as humanly possible.

On another note, the kids I babysit are HILARIOUS and so I hope to have many fun things to talk about. For example, last week I was watching Ian by himself. He is two and is still in diapers but hates them. I didn't know he hated them until Wednesday, a day that will forever be burned into my memory. I was in the kitchen making a snack for Ian and he went into his room. All of a sudden I noticed it was very quiet.,, NOT GOOD. I went to check on him and found him ass naked sitting in his rocking chair "reading" a book. When I asked him what the heck he was doing (in my very stern but loving nanny voice) this is what he told me...
"Assly I hate dos silly diapers. I pooped and couldn't take it anymore."
I proceed to tell him that he cannot just take his diaper off and if he hates them so much then maybe we should just start potty training. That's when he told me...
"Talm down, talm down Assly. I didn't say I was ready for all that."
Seriously! This is the conversation I had with a two year old. Oh the joy of being a nanny.

We shall see what this week has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs