Sunday, May 31, 2009

What a great weekend...

So I had the most fab weekend in a while...well since the lake last weekend!

It started with being off Friday and getting to hang with the rooms and Trav. Then later that night we went downtown to Cheapside for drinks and girl talk with my friend Maggie. Haven't seen Mags in so long so there was much catching up to be done. Plus with a little bit of drama, Barclay cut her finger on a broken glass at the bar and thus received a free drink, you can never be bored.

Saturday was even better. Woke up early and headed downtown to the farmer's market. Everyone and their dog was there (literally!) so I wished I had brought Dal but next time we'll test those waters! We bought some great stuff; lettuce, cheese, bread, strawberries and the best salsa I've had in a long time. I like to think of myself as a salsa connoisseur, and thus I've tried many a salsas. My fav is from Mi Cocina in Dallas. Mostly because it's so sticking hot and I cry just about every time I eat it but also because that's got to be my most fav restaurant ever! But this salsa is pretty high up there with that one. It's made in Shelby county so I feel good buying local and it's just so fresh and hot. I bought the Fire Alarm flavor and it's H-O-T-T, hot! After the farmer's market we went to the pool and laid out. Everyone at the pool loved Dal and he was being so good but the manager kicked him out...boo. We came home and took the best nap ever and then I went to dinner with Trav.

Today was spent in Louisville with the fam. I spent all afternoon with Grandpa Doug and Glenda. I hadn't seen them in a while so it was nice to catch up and tell them all about graduation. And Glenda and I made a game plan for a new/better resume which I'm keeping my fingers crossed will help with the job search. Then it was off to Jordan's choir recital. It was a great stomp musical about Joseph and all the kids were great. Then we celebrated Jillian and Josh's birthdays with dinner and dessert. This week is filled with birthdays, Jillian's tomorrow, Josh's Tuesday and Dallas' first on Saturday (pics to come!).

With all the birthdays and my bff Jennifer visiting tomorrow (YAY!) this is going to be a busy week, oh and I'm working too. Should make for some great blogs later on so keep on coming back, I know you can't resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs