Saturday, May 23, 2009

Oh Holy Laketime!

YAY!!!!!!
So it's Memorial Weekend and the only logical place to be is at the lake, Lake Cumberland to be exact. I just love the lake. It's a great place to relax and just hang with the fam and friends. Josh and I went down Thursday night and we took Dallas. I wasn't exactly sure how he'd act since it was all very new. Everyone loves him. They keep saying, "Oh he's beautiful" or "Hey there big boy!". One lady even commented on how it mu
st be his first time because he was going everywhere sniffing and licking. The cutest thing was when he would stick his nose way up in the air sniffing. I like to think he follows after his mama and was taking in the whole lake experience with all five senses!

Now, you'd think that being a lab he'd love the water but truth of the matter is, he just hasn't been around water enough. We went to Lake Michigan last Labor Day and he did get in but the waves were so big and he was so little.



That pic is in Michigan and he didn't stay in the water much. But he did do a whole lot of laying around!



But I think I have officially made my boy into a lake dog. Now we didn't get in the water (it was way too cold) but going to the lake really isn't about getting in the water. It's about being on the water in the boat. Letting the wind blow through your hair, feeling the bump of the waves under the boat and the hot dock on your bare feet. It's a way of life and if I could I would sell everything I own (minus dallas and my macbook!) and buy a boat and live on it.








I just LOVE the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs