Thursday, May 28, 2009

Typical Thursday

So here's a couple of convos with Ian that are becoming second nature to me...enjoy!

1.
Me: "Ian! Are you doing something bad? Because you're only quiet when you're doing something you know not to do."
Ian: "Yes Assley. I'm been bad."
Me: "What did you do?"
Ian: "I don't vreally know but it's not good."
Me (going into the kitchen and seeing a huge mess of formula on the counter and floor): "Ian, why did you do this?"
Ian: " I jus don't know."
Me: "Ian tell me right now why you decided to play with the formula or you're going straight to time out."
Ian: "Otay, otay. Talm down Assley."
Me: "Well, are you going to tell me?"
Ian: "Just give me a minute...um...I can't tell you."
Me: "Why not?"
Ian: "I just can't and that's all."

2.
Ian's mom, Lynn, came home early today and was sitting at the table working on her laptop before I left.
Lynn: "Do you know if someone won the powerball last night?"
Me: "Yeah, someone in South Dakota."
Lynn: (slapping her hand down on the table) "Damn it! I wanted to win!"
Ian: (mimicking his mom) "Damdid it...hahahaha. Damed it, damed it, damed it...hahaha"
Lynn: "Ian don't say that. Mommy didn't mean to say that."
Ian: "Yes you did mommy, damdid it...hahahaha"
Me: (thinking to myself) "You just taught your kid how to say damn it, good luck with that!"
And on that note I left for the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs